I am a Computer Science[s] PhD student at University of Wisconsin - Madison.
I work in computational biology, advised by Tony Gitter.
Some topics that interest me:
- Machine learning on non-i.i.d. data: sequences, hierarchies, networks.
- Machine learning on high-dimensional data with few samples.
- Machine learning for systems biology applications.
- Probabilistic programming.
- Bayesian inference methods.
At the beginning of grad school, I spent some time in programming languages research.
I studied math and physics as an undergrad. This background has its benefits, though I’ve done a lot of catching up in CS.
I hope this blog evolves into something useful and interesting.